The market for no / low code platforms only has been recognised fairly recently. Also more and more vendors start using this for marketing purposes as well. This has resulted in a growing list of vendors and more choices for users. Use the following resources as a starting point:
- G2Crowd is a review platform based on user reviews. G2Crowd distinguishes between no and low code platforms. This website contains the largest number of vendors of all resources I have encountered to date. Unfortunately many vendors only have limited number of reviews.
- Gartner started in 2017 with publishing a separate High Productivity Application Platform as a Service (HPAPaaS) Magic Quadrant. In April 2018 a new version was published and evaluates 20 vendors. Gartner positions Salesforce, OutSystems, ServiceNow and Mendix as leaders.Typically you can get a ‘free’ copy from 1 or more of the leaders. Gartner also lists 13 honorable mentions of vendors. These are not discussed in detail within the report.
- Forrester started in 2016 with publishing the Forrester Wave – Low-Code Development Platforms For AD&D Pros Report. The most recent version is from Q4 2017. The more recent report evaluates 13 vendors. Forrester considers Salesforce, OutSystems, Appian, Kony and Mendix as leaders. Typically you can get a ‘free’ copy from 1 or more of the leaders.
- PCMagazine reviewed 10 platforms in July 2017 and provides extensive individual reviews.
- Infoworld published 25 tools/platforms in April 2018 for building mobile apps
- Gartner has a peer review website where you can get insights from actual users of various platforms – 18th August 2018
The resources will by no means mention all potential platforms. To be listed they must have a reasonable market presence. Finding specialised or niche players can remain a challenge. The list of vendors is likely to change significant. I will update this list regularly as I do my own research into platforms.